How to live life?

chakde chakde chakde chakde chakde phatte ...

I am not kidding. And I should thank Tushar for encouraging me to watch "Khosla Ka Ghosla". Movie was good but the song "Chakde Phatte" just cleared my head on how to approach life (at least for tonight).

You might still be thinking that I am joking. Let me present you some lines from the song:

"...yeh duniya oot patanga
kite hath te kite tangaa
te kukdi dindi baanga..."

This just portrays the society in which we live. World is just chaos. With all the modeling in economics and politics, you can never explain whats going on. Next, everybody is trying to achieve something or other which may make no sense most of the time. But even in this incomprehensible mess, you see some pattern (kukdi dindi banga ... cock crows)

"... taa ate utte bethha bandar
samjhe apnoo sikandar..."

These are the best lines. They show the kind of people in this world (obviously seen from your perspective). I would say that we can say with 95% confidence level that any person we meet or interact with belong to the above category. The problem is that we don't realize that people can be actually bandar(monkey) when they seem to be sikandar (great achiever).

"...tu kahnoo baniya bhikhari
ede chakde phatte..."

So, how am I supposed to behave under such conditions? Well, the verdict is out. One should set his or her own terms and live life kingsize (some actually believe that I do so but I still need to perfect this art).

Isn't it amazing how easy it is to gain wisdom in life?

Comments

Anonymous said…
Im going to be honest about this post, how did it take u so long to understand this?? or is it that the song said it more eloquently?? Isnt it pretty much obvious that everybody tries to lead their lives according to their own concept of it. Living life kingsize or lollypop style is not the issue,the issue is do what makes u feel happy/content however relative that maybe.Unlike James Bond we only live once, so make the most of all the crap that comes to you. and if you think u are a winner then u are :-)
Shashank Mohan said…
I am happy that you gave honest opinion. Yes, it was more of a reminder by the song. You are quite true that most of us live life by our own concept but that doesn't mean we live "freely". Happy/content with the life is the phase I dont believe in. It simply means that we have compromised with our situations. I am "happy" when I fight. It is mostly pain but there are those few moments in that process which I crave for. But at the same time, it is not about winning. Who believes in winning, can never live freely.

I believe one should not take the crap and one needs to live like James Bond precisely because you live once.

And it is exactly what the song reminds me of :)
Amateur Blogger said…
Dude.... Pyar Ka Khosla???? Now you're being Oot Patanga
The Cynic said…
pyar ke side effects + khosla ka ghosla == pyar ka ghosla?


man, u have lost it .. completely
Anonymous said…
I completely disagree that being happy or content has anything to do with compromise, havent u ever been happy - without being masochistic - i agree with the other comments that uve probably totally lost it :-) . In my view of things or in my world as i view it, i think not wirnning but having enjoyed very bit of it is imp. its not the solution - i dont think there is ever the right solution the right path, its more the fun u get in doing what u are doing. my dad once told me, that be proud of whatever lil u do, and do it well, and i adhere by that very strictly, and it increases my appreciation for things i think. -
Shashank Mohan said…
million dollar question is - what do you call as "enjoying what u do"? which feeling exactly defines that joy?
I completely agree with ur dad's view. Infact, that was the gist of the post. But the problem is to define "little"? You may say X amount of work is good enuf, other may say X+Y would make them satisfied.

And yeah, I think you have started to know me well enough.. most of people who know me, might have considered or told me that I am masochistic .. he he .. i dont agree .. they need to know more abt me ... ppl take me wrong when I say "Happy/content with the life is the phase I dont believe in". I am happy for the moments i live and would be content the moment before I die. But I am not "happy/content with life right now" as it leads me to stagnation which i cannot afford.
Amateur Blogger said…
I guess the confusion (in the previous comments) is caused by the abuse of the word happy or synonymizing it with content.

Being content might curb the desire for further growth, as you rightly point out SMA, but happy is a state you could be in while trying to get to contentment.

Popular posts from this blog

ING New York City Marathon - Who Won?

My Trip To Uttaranchal - Day 1

My blood group is AB – Who I am?