I hate 'Always'

It was past midnight when after finishing shit loads of paperwork, I went for a quick game of pool. As the balls started to roll, my colleague unwittingly asked a trite question "Do you always stay late in office?". I was in no mood to spare and pat came my reply "I never do anything always". He was taken aback by the reply and had no words to say. But I was quite amused by my reply.
Do I really ever do anything always? I tried hard to find the answer, but no luck. No single emotion, ambition or work could hold my attention for long to qaulify as 'always'. I had no permanent habit, no everlasting faith. Either I am a loser or a wanderer (do I qualify as philosopher?).
But what about you? Its a simple exercise. Try to find 'always' in any aspect of your life. And if you find one (you are lucky), answer another simple question - Does this 'always' in your life because you seriously want it, do not want it or just do it (like wearing nike)?
And why do I ask the second question? I dared to compare myself with Hector. One of his most impressive speech in the movie said "All my life, I have lived with three simple rules - honor the gods, love your woman and defend your country...". Was he right or I am? (You would get bonus points for voting for me).

Comments

Anonymous said…
I don't do anything always too. Guess life has too many interesting options to be doing one thing for long.. I think you would qualify to be an explorer :)
Go explore!
-Satvik

Popular posts from this blog

ING New York City Marathon - Who Won?

My Trip To Uttaranchal - Day 1

My blood group is AB – Who I am?